Welcome to our Feng shui section. In ancient times as well as today, Feng shui, pronounced in English as (“fung shway”), was known as “Kan-Yu”, which means ‘The Law of Heaven and Earth.’ Feng Shui is the art of placing buildings and objects in relation to energy flows, to heighten positive energies and minimise the negative ones.
It is an ancient Chinese practice of placement and arrangement of space to achieve harmony with the environment.
Feng shui literally translates as “wind-water.” This is a cultural shorthand taken from the following passage of the Zhangshu (Book of Burial) by Guo Pu of the Jin Dynasty. The qi that rides the wind stops at the boundary of water.
Feng shui is a discipline with guidelines that are compatible with many techniques of architectural planning as well as internal furniture arrangements.
Space, weather, astronomy, and geomagnetism are basic components of feng shui. Proponents claim that feng shui has an effect on health, wealth, and personal relationships.
Feng Shui is the art of placing buildings and objects in relation to energy flows, to heighten positive energies and minimise the negative ones.
The purpose of Feng Shui is to enable you to organise your home so that the Ch’i energy, the all-pervading life force, is accentuated by the precise positioning of your house, furniture, decorations and other objects.
The role of plants flowers and fruits in Feng Shui is very strong. A well-placed plant can change your family fortunes and harmonise your life.
5 Things You Must Know About Feng Shui
- Even though Feng Shui is thousands of years old it is just as effective today as it was then. It’s rather a startling realization that these secrets can create your greatest dreams when the standards and principles taught by society today only bring you a life filled with disappointment, frustrations and anger. When you operate outside of these secrets you end up with half baked results feeling like there is something wrong with you. Most of us were sold a pile of goods about what life really has to offer. In spite of all that you have learned and not learned, you can create the abundant life that is waiting for you.
- You were born to have all the desires of your heart and the knowhow of creating and receiving them have been hidden from you. But you must step out of the box and turn your back on the should’s and ought to’s of everyone who is afraid of success and the criticism of those who have given up their dreams. I know that this is a scary thought but when you trust in yourself and take action, you can and will have the life of your dreams.
- Most self help programs today teach you to deal with the effects of your problems not to deal with the First Cause of problems. To find the secret to your wealth, your riches, your abundance, you must understand the first cause of what you create.Your home is a direct pointer to the first cause of what you create in your life.
- It will show you what you have been and are focusing on and what you are creating. The placement of your property, home and what goes on within its walls is a sign marker for where you are going. For what you create in your home is what you create in your life.Now let me clean up some confusion about Feng Shui. There are several schools of practice. I recommend Land Form and Black Sect and let me tell you why.Land Form was the original form of Feng Shui and began in the little villages of the Orient. Their lively hood was dependent upon where and how they placed and located their home. You see Feng Shui deals with the First Cause of Energy. It is often very intuitive in the beginning levels and is simple and easy to learn and apply.Keep It Simple. Give up worrying and deal with the First Cause. Ask yourself ; What energy is present? Is it what I want? If not, change or shift the energy using Feng Shui cures.Also, the Black Sect School is highly effective in assessing the energy that already exists in your life and for creating the energy for the life you desire.
- The benefit that you receive from Feng Shui will be in direct proportion to the effort you put into Feng Shui. Thousands of people have had great success using Feng Shui but many people who treat it like a fad or game and have less than desirable results. Don’t be fooled. Get the Feng Shui Audit done by a Professional.
“Why Feng Shui?”
Find Success Using Feng Shui
Every day we go into the world to create and make our way, be it to a job or a business. We enter each day with the attitude of accomplishment and achievement.
However, for most people, during the day we meet some sort of obstacles or roadblocks. It could be a customer who changes the scope of the project that you just completed the night before, the bank that needs just one more piece of information to complete the loan you needed yesterday or the traffic jam because of a political or extremist group protest and miss the most important business meeting of our career. We rise to the occasion as each monster rears its ugly head.
Every time, we use just a little bit more of our energy that we had planned to use on another objective. By the end of the day we are usually one, two or even three steps behind where we wanted to be, worn out, exhausted and ready to retreat to a place where we have peace and serenity.
This also holds true for our children today. They encounter as much stress, in their worlds as we adults do. They are stressed by pressure to act and be different than they are taught at home and by television and the media to become something that they are not. These stresses can be overwhelming and we are all looking for a place where we can escape from these pressures.
If everyday was like the one described above and you were not able to rebuild your energy, you would begin to find yourself running on reserves, feeling exhausted like you can never get ahead of the game. Running on reserves can work for a while if you are still in your 20’s and maybe even your 30’s but eventually your reserves can be depleted and you are as the saying goes “running on reputation”.
The stresses of each day are piled upon the stresses of the day before and the day before that, until you no longer have the patience and tolerance to deal with seemingly insignificant issues as they arise. These stresses also can make us feel incapable, which makes dealing with situations even more difficult. This level of stress when not dealt with can start to affect your performance at work and your ability to nurture and grow interpersonal relationships, leaving you feeling like you are in a rut with no way out.
If your energy levels are at their peak you have a greater chance of successfully creating new opportunities and dealing with the day to day experiences and pressures. You can have the ability to clearly see and deal with each issue as it is and not through the filter of stress, frustration, etc. This clarity when added to peak performance can assist you in achieving what you desire.
We all have had those rare days when everything came together, when you were in the right place at the right time, when the answers to all of your bosses’ questions were on the tip of your tongue. But how did that happen? How can we create this on a daily basis?
To achieve this level of clarity and performance you must have an environment away from the demands and chaos of the everyday world, where you can go to rejuvenate, rebuild your energy and find clarity. Many people think that they can find this state of being on a vacation. But, usually this state of being is only temporary.
This level of being that you seek must be nurtured on a daily basis in an environment without stress, tension and conflict. A successful environment for nurturing your level of clarity, and performance will be calming, uplifting and healing.
For most, this environment will be your home. The balance and harmony in your home is a critical factor in dealing with these stresses and are important for your success and happiness. When a home feels calming and nurturing, with no distractions, you can quiet the mind and sort out what is important and what is not. You can create new ideas on how to proceed and how to handle obstacles. You can start to see clearly what actions need to be taken.
When life is full of complications it is often hard to distinguish the forest from the trees. If you have clarity, you can sort out all of the issues and deal with them one at a time, making clear decisions on each issue instead of complicating each issue with other issues. This type of clarity will also give you the ability to see solutions that you could not see before.
Unfortunately because of the pressures of society to achieve at all costs, some houses today have become purely investments and places to impress clients, customers and friends. These houses have been designed strictly for the purpose of business and that is the master that they serve. In these situations the home is completely ignored, leaving no refuge for the soul to rejuvenate. Notice the usage of the words house and home. A house is just a physical structure, where a home is a physical structure that has been created for the purpose of nurturing the soul. Ironically, if the house were used for the purpose of nurturing and healing the soul, success in the outside world would come much easier. In todays fast pace world it is even more important to create homes instead of houses. Homes designed for business, investment and to keep up with the Jones’s, also ignored family identity and intimacy. This loss of family identity undermines the stability of the family and the role models set for children. The loss of intimacy starts to breakdown communication and the core of family relationships. These problems just add to the stress level in the home, complicating our lives.
If we are to be successful in life we must start to address the environment where our ability to succeed is created. As many psychologists have said and most people would agree, “We are products of our environment”. But what parts of that environment shape us?
How is it that some children who come from the worst of neighborhoods are able to rise above the circumstances of their external environment of crime and poverty?
How is it that some children who come from homes that are in the best of neighborhoods and have ideal external environments end up with drug or alcohol problems?
Are the external factors in our environment like the location that we live in or the size of the home the factors that shape us? No, it has to do with the internal environment we live in. That child rises out of the ghetto because somewhere he/she received a nurturing environment that allowed them to rise above the circumstances.
It is the internal environment we live in that plays an integral part in creating the external aspects of our lives. If your internal environment is one of balance and harmony, a space that is nurturing, where you feel safe, secure and at peace, you can let go of the day’s challenges and come back to your source of power. Then you can start each new day refreshed and rejuvenated.